|Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Holy Eucharist with music
Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m.
Brief Holy Eucharist without music
Fridays at 9:30 a.m.
Harcourt Parish uses the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer (BCP) for our worship services. Most of the hymns sung by the congregation come from the blue Hymnal 1982. Our choir sings a wide variety of music, chosen to enhance the theme of the particular day and season.
We view worship as an active expression of our communion with God. Each Sunday we need 3 acolytes, 2 readers, 1 intercessor, 2 ushers, and 2 chalice bearers. That is almost 400 opportunities to be involved throughout the year!
The following are brief descriptions of our lay ministries:
- Acolytes assist the clergy during the liturgy. Their various duties include carrying torches for the processions, lighting and extinguishing altar candles, receive the offering and elements at the altar, prepare the table for communion, and clearing the altar after the eucharist.
- Crucifer is a special duty performed by an acolyte, which is to carry the cross during the processions of the service.
- Readers will read either the Old Testament reading or the Epistle during the "liturgy of the word."
- Intercessor is the representative of the congregation who reads the Prayers of the People.
- Ushers act as our greeters before the service, handing out bulletins and providing assistance to people as they arrive. During the offertory, ushers collect the offering and count the number in attendance; after which they present the offering to an acolyte at the altar. During communion ushers invite parishioners by pews to the altar for communion. And after the service, ushers help collect the bulletins.
- Chalice bearers present the elements to the acolyte at the altar during the offertory. Then take their place by the altar during the eucharistic prayers. During communion they serve the chalice at the altar.
If you are trained and ready to sign-up
for one or more of these ministries, click here
and sign up for the weeks you are able to help.
If you are interested in learning more about how to serve as a lay minster please contact
, our Lay Ministries Coordinator, for training or more information.